Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This delicious recipe for Apple Cake was handed down to me by my Gramma who clipped it out of a newspaper many, many years ago. It's very simple and moist, making it a great choice for either breakfast or dessert!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 medium golden delicious apples
- powdered sugar
- Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples.
- Cream butter, vanilla, eggs, and sugar.
- Add cinnamon and baking powder.
- Beat in flour.
- Stir in apples to combine.
- Spoon batter (it will be thick) into a greased 9x13 pan. Smooth top with knife or rubber scraper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Simple to make, just took minutes to prepare! Excellent taste.Baked it in my bundt pan, about 50 minutes to bake. Thanks Mrs Christmas for sharing this recipe!