Danish Apple Cinnamon Cake
- Ready In:
- 180 g butter (soft at room temperature)
- 180 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 180 g self raising flour, sifted
- 30 g sultanas
- 3 large firm apples, eg.granny smiths peeled,decored and sliced
- 30 g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- coffee sugar or coarse brown sugar
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl with the caster sugar.
- Beat them together until they are light and creamy.
- While mixing slowly add the eggs one at a time until they are well combined.
- While mixing slowly add the flour and mix it until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the sultanas until they are well combined.
- Preheat an oven to 180°C.
- Grease a loose bottomed 20cm cake tin.
- Spread half of the batter evenly over the base of the cake tin (the batter may seem quite thick).
- Place a layer of the apples over the cake mix and scatter over the almonds.
- Mix the remaining caster sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle it over the apples and almonds.
- Spread the remaining batter over the apples evenly.
- Sprinkle over the coffee sugar or brown sugar over the cake mixture.
- Place the cake on the centre shelf of the preheated oven and leave it to cook for 45 minutes.
- The cake should be firm and light golden, a skewer when inserted into the centre of the cake should come out clear.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave it to cool slightly then remove it carefully from the tin.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have just moved to Rhodos an island in Greece. I have been living in Greece on the mainland for the past 5 years. I am greek, born and raised in Sydney, Australia. I'm married to a Military Officer and I have a 20 month old baby boy, who is the love of my life!!!!