Recipe by auntchelle
This is a WW recipe (3 points). We've had it both as a tea cake and a dessert cake with pouring cream. A light, moist cake. Australian measurements used.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
This cake was very easy to make. The title of this recipe is very approptiate. I used an 8 x 8 square pan and baked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. It was moist and kind of spongy and had a very good flavor. This cake would be excellent as part of a brunch menu. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe, Mischka.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 60 g low-fat butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup self-rising flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 large green apple, peeled, cored & sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 deg Celsius. Prepare a 20cm round tin with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in milk, melted butter and the vanilla.
- Combine flours then fold into mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin then arrange the apple slices on the top.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over top of cake.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean.