Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a WW recipe (3 points). We've had it both as a tea cake and a dessert cake with pouring cream. A light, moist cake. Australian measurements used.
- Preheat oven to 200 deg Celsius. Prepare a 20cm round tin with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in milk, melted butter and the vanilla.
- Combine flours then fold into mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin then arrange the apple slices on the top.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over top of cake.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean.
This cake was very easy to make. The title of this recipe is very approptiate. I used an 8 x 8 square pan and baked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. It was moist and kind of spongy and had a very good flavor. This cake would be excellent as part of a brunch menu. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe, Mischka.
I served this for thanksgiving dinner dessert, the flavours were very good, but we found it to be a bit dry. Actually baked it a little less than 30 minutes. Funny the guys wanted cheddar cheese on top (like apple pie) and gals wanted icecream on top. In any case the flavour was great, how can you beat apples with cinnamon!!
This is the last of my PAC recipes. I made this last week at my dd's but have not had a chance to review until now. I had to turn the oven temp down to 350, it seemed the 400 was too high. I used an 8" round pan, I baked it for 35 minutes, and used 1/4 cup low fat margrine (we did not have butter) Turned out wonderful!