Recipe by Rachel F
This apple cake has a rich flavor and is incredibly easy to make. The recipe originally came from my husband's grandmother.
Top Review by sugaree_05
this recipe was pretty good, I like the fact that it's not very sweet, it would be great for a brunch or something like that, I've been eating it for breakfast. If I made it again I think I'd replace the oil with applesauce, I feel like I can taste the oil in the finished cake, maybe it's just because I know how much is in there, but it has a certain flavor that I can't place as anything else.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup oil (I prefer canola)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 -6 medium apples (peeled & sliced)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease bundt pan (as desired).
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar & salt.
- Add in oil, eggs and orange juice (the dough will be THICK).
- Combine cinnamon & sugar.
- Layer batter, apples and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat as necessary until pan is full.
- Cake often cooks in just a little bit over an hour.