Prep 14 mins
Cook 10 mins
Few ingredients and high on taste. Vary the Cayenne to your preference of "heat". ZWT3.
- 2 green peppers, cleaned and cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/3s
- 5 red potatoes, washed, unpeeled and sliced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 6 eggs
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions, potatoes and the green peppers.
- Season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and cook over low heat until softened.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Increase heat to Medium.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and beat.
- Pour the eggs into a pan, scramble eggs to your preference of doneness.
- Serve hot.
This was great, love the combo of veggies and spice!
My husband is from Tunisia and he LOVED this dish. The great part is that I can make it for breakfast, lunch or a side dish at dinner. Delicious eaten with fresh hot bread straight from the oven. Thanks!!
This was really yummy! We couldn't decide if the eggs went in the veggies or not, but decided to do it that way and it turned out just fine - kind of like a skillet breakfast. Very yummy indeed!