1/3 Photos of Simon's Pumpkin Bread Pudding
5 hrs 10 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
A friend of mine gave me this recipe recently, saying that "It's one of the BEST pumpkin bread puddings EVER!" This is one I'll be trying out sometime after Spring PAC is over in May '08!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE PUDDING
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1FOR THE PUDDING, place cubed bread in greased crockpot.
- 2Beat together milk & eggs.
- 3Stir in sugar, butter, raisins, pie filling, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- 4Pour pumpkin mixture over bread & stir.
- 5Cover & cook on high 1 hour, then reduce heat to low & cook 3-4 hours or until temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- 6FOR THE SAUCE, just before pudding is done, melt butter in saucepan.
- 7Stir in flour until smooth, then gradually add water, sugar & vanilla.
- 8Bring to boil, then cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 9Pour sauce over hot bread pudding & serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simon's Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.2
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.5 mg
- Sodium 236.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g