Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Texan Restaurant.
Make and share this Silver Lining Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 heads bibb lettuce, rinsed, dried and torn
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, garlic and mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce and sesame seeds.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Top with sliced avocado and serve on chilled plates.
Very nice salad. The dressing has a nice tartness to it that plays very well with the avocado. I was not able to find bibb so I used tender red leaf lettuce-very pretty colors when put together. I think this dressing will be fantastic with a platter of sliced garden tomatoes and cukes. Thanks for Posting Molly 53!
Nice salad, but it is not the original recipe for the Texan's Silver Lining Salad. No mayo and you forgot the secret fish sauce.
What a wonderfully refreshing salad! The dressing has a nice flavor to it which pairs perfectly with the avocado. I used Boston lettuce as I was unable to find bibb. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe, Molly53!