Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
I found this delicious bread recipe in a Femina magazine I got as a gift a week ago from a cousin of mine. It was called simply "Banana bread" in the magazine, but, it's silky texture when all the ingredients are mixed, forced me to change the title. I was thinking of Anu while making the bread and logged on to find a request on the recipe board from her for recipes she can make ahead and freeze. Now, this one just simply has to be dedicated to my friend, Anu. Anu, I hope you enjoy this bread!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 can sweetened condensed milk, full cream (use MilkMaid if you can get it)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and flour a 25 cm ring mould.
- Soak raisins in water so as to soften them and set aside.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, one at a time, until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and cream well.
- Slice the bananas and mash them.
- Add the mashed bananas to the egg-sugar mixture.
- Add the flour-baking powder-salt mixture.
- Mix well, alternating with oil.
- Add Milkmaid, whisking it continuously.
- Gently toss in the walnuts and raisins (drained).
- Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased mould.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove bread from mould.
- Cool, slice and serve with hot tea/coffee.