Recipe by Skipper/Sy
This is a Japanese style recipe which includes Silken Tofu, a good quality soy sauce, Chinese Garlic Chives (Nira) and Seaweed (Nori)… for a nice light and healthy lunch.
- 15 ounces silken tofu (Japanese, Chinese, Korean- not firm tofu)
- 3⁄4 cup chinese garlic chives
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce (good quality, like Tamari brand)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili oil (optional)
- 2 sheets nori (dry seaweed, small sheets about 2 x 3 inch, broken up into small pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the Silken Tofu and cut up into bite size pieces (try not to break them up) and place into 2 individual bowls. Aside- Silken or soft tofu is preferred, but not firm/hard tofu.
- Wash the Chinese chives, remove the buds and cut up the green part into 1 inch pieces to make up ¾ cup. Then sprinkle into each bowl. Aside- some people prefer to use the buds as well, also the chives are a little hard to the bite, so you might want to par-boil them or sauté them in a little oil briefly to make them a little softer.
- Add soy sauce to each bowl, sesame oil, a touch of chili oil (optional) and pieces of seaweed as well.