Recipe by BeansnRice
This can be thrown together in about 30 minutes. My family asks for this often. It's from Cooking Healthy Across America by JoAnna Lund. A 1 cup serving has about 243 calories,7 g. fat, 16 g. protein, 29 g. carbs and 1 g. of fiber. It also freezes well.
Top Review by Sharon In Iowa
This was absolutely delicious!! Everyone in my family was very impressed at how great this tasted. My husband couldn't believe he was eating no fat sour cream. I wasn't familiar with JoAnna Lund until just recently, so finding this recipe was a wonderful coincidence. Thank you for sharing!
- 16 ounces 90% lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream (I like Daisy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large skillet with butter-flavored cooking spray, saute meat and celery for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in soup and water.
- Add uncooked rice and parsley flakes.
- Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Continue simmering for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.