Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Real olde world flavor, but really easy!!
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled & quartered)
- 1 small eggplant (pared & diced)
- 6 large tomatoes (peeled & chopped)
- 2 green peppers
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 ounces black olives (halved)
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 lb Italian sausage (cooked & sliced)
- Heat oil in a skillet; stir in garlic.
- Remove garlic from oil when brown.
- Add eggplant and tomatoes to skillet; simmer 30 minutes.
- Cut peppers vertically in half; remove membranes and seeds.
- Place peppers under broiler, skin side up to loosen skins.
- Peel off skin, slice peppers and add to tomtoe mixture.
- Stir in basil, capers, sausage, olives, salt & pepper to tomatoe mixture.
- Cover the skillet and simmer 10 minutes, or until sauce is well blended and is thickened.
- Cook Spaghetti according to pkg., and drain.
- Immediately pour sauce over spaghetti and serve.