Recipe by Recipe Baroness
Charleston is well known for its southern culture, sand and historic homes, so a seafood dish like this is sure to please any one wanting a taste of coastal SC.
- 14 unpeeled fresh jumbo shrimp (1 Pound)
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 14 (1 1/2 inch strips)
- 7 slices bacon, slices cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel shrimp leaving tails on; de-vein if desired and butterfly the shrimp by making a deep slit down the back from the large end to the tail.
- Place a cheese strip inside each slit and wrap sides of shrimp around cheese.
- wrap in a bacon slice around each shrimp.
- secure with 2 wooden tooth picks.
- Stir together butter and next 3 ingredients; brush on shrimp, and place on a baking sheet.
- Broil 5 inches from the heat (with electric oven door partially open) 4 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp.