Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love shrimp scampi and this is an easy recipe from a magazine.
- 907.18 g unpeeled medium raw shrimp
- 226.79 g linguine or 226.79 g fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 236.59 ml butter
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 78.07 ml white wine
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground pepper
- Peel and devein shrimp and set aside.
- Cook linguine or fettucine according to package directions. Place in a large bowl, keep warm and set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add shrimp and cook over medium heat 3 to 5 mnutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add wine and remaining ingredients.
- Pour shrimp mixture over pasta, tossing to blend.
- Serve immediately.
This is the most amazingly wonderful shrimp scampi recipe I have ever found!!! I'm not kidding here...It's an absolute perfect blend of flavors, and I think the lemon juice gives it a subtle "zing" flavor that other scampi recipes don't have. I made the recipe as written and then tossed cooked fettucini in the pan with it, added a couple of shakes of Parmesan cheese, and it was an wonderful, gourmet meal that had me saying "MMmmm ... MMmmmm ...OMG ..... MMmmmm" the whole time! It's a Newly Found Favorite of mine, and it's so easy that I'm going to use this recipe to impress guests (and family) from now on! Thank you for sharing Luvs2Cook!! :)
Great basi scampi recipe, but does need a few changes. After adding a bit of bell pepper and heavy cream to the sauce it was great!!! Making it again soon.
Very delicious and easy! Thank you for a great recipe.