Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A filling main coarse salad.
Sesame Seed Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3⁄4 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3⁄4 lb sea scallops (trim abductor muscle)
- 1⁄2 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced
- lettuce leaf (for lining the platter)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- To make the dressing: in a bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients; set aside.
- To make the salad: in a medium saucepan over med-high heat; bring just enough water to cover shrimp to a boil; add shrimp and cook until they turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Cook scallops in the same way; boiling until they turn opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Drain and add to the bowl with the shrimp.
- Pour half of the dressing over seafood and toss to coat; cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Place peas in a colander and pour boiling water over; drain and dry.
- Place in another bowl; add in cucumber; toss lightly with remaining dressing; cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Drain pea mixture and seafood; arrange in mounds on a serving platter lined with lettuce leaves; garnish with cherry tomatoes.