Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet but thought I'd share it - it looks so quick and easy! I found this recipe in the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Cookbook. I've not included "peel and devein" time to the preparation time because I always buy peeled and deveined shrimp.
- 3 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine Italian dressing and remaining ingredients in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Add shrimp, stirring well.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
I had family over for dinner, they loved it! They thought I was in the kitchen all day. Great with a salad, fruit plate, toasted bread, and rice.
I've done this before, but I marinade the shrimp in the dressing (1/3 cup per lb of shrimp)with extra crushed or minced garlic for about an hour. Then I grill or broil it until the shrimp is just done...only takes a few minutes. Yummm
Was able to get shrimp on sale this week, so I decided to grab some to make this! I was a bit frightened by the sounds of italian salad dressing lol, but this is really good!!! It took a little less time; boy oh boy was it yummy! I had some rice pilaf with this shrimp :-) Thanks for the recipe!