Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
this is an elegant quick dish, serve it with rice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons Pernod or 2 tablespoons sambuca
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- in pan, melt butter, add shrimp and shallots.
- saute until shrimp turn pink, 3 or 4 minutes, remove.
- add pernod to pan, add cream, heat until thickened.
- add salt, pepper, shrimp and shallots to heat through.
Used Ouzo for this recipe, didn't have Pernod or Sambucca. It was an easy, quick and tasty dish. I did find it needed something else and added some lemon juice to lift the flavors. When I make this again I will add a small crushed garlic clove. Served it with rice as you suggested and we enjoyed it!