Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is awesome for grilled shrimp! I had several marinade recipes for shrimp but didn't have all of the ingredients for one recipe so I combined them consisting of what I had. I was really surprised at the results! I get wonderful compliments for this recipe. Should marinate 1-2 lbs. of shrimp--adjust to taste.
- Place shrimp on wooden skewers.
- Combine all ingredients in large zippered plastic bag.
- Marinate at least 2 hours (refrigerated).
- Grill for a couple minutes on each side until shrimp is no longer grey and is pink.
- Serve with garlic butter dipping sauce.
Great marinade, but since I can never leave well enough alone, I added a teaspoon of ground ginger and substituted one lemon for the juice of the orange. It added some sweetness I thought this needed.
Was very flavourful. I think next time I will add something sweet (maybe honey) as it seemed lacking something.