Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is awesome for grilled shrimp! I had several marinade recipes for shrimp but didn't have all of the ingredients for one recipe so I combined them consisting of what I had. I was really surprised at the results! I get wonderful compliments for this recipe. Should marinate 1-2 lbs. of shrimp--adjust to taste.
- 1 -2 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place shrimp on wooden skewers.
- Combine all ingredients in large zippered plastic bag.
- Marinate at least 2 hours (refrigerated).
- Grill for a couple minutes on each side until shrimp is no longer grey and is pink.
- Serve with garlic butter dipping sauce.
making this again tonight...yum! the best part (other than it being delicious) is you probably already have all the ingredients! I'm always seeking out easy marinades and this one is the ticket. the longer it marinades the spicier the shrimp!!
I did a quick version of this with dried chopped garlic and ground red pepper along with the soy sauce and lemon juice. Shrimp were delicious! Just grilled them on stove and served over a spinach salad with cramberries, almonds, sunflower seeds and wonton strips and toasted sesame salad dressing. Best salad I ever had!!
Great marinade, but since I can never leave well enough alone, I added a teaspoon of ground ginger and substituted one lemon for the juice of the orange. It added some sweetness I thought this needed.