Recipe by dicentra
Barton Brands. They say that this recipe was created by chef Robert Carmosino of Sole Restaurant in Oceanside, N.Y.
- 28 large shrimp
- flour (for dusting shrimp)
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons shallots
- 4 ounces caravella limoncello
- 8 ounces chicken consomme
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and de-vein shrimp. Dredge shrimp lightly in flour.
- Place shrimp in medium to hot saucepan with olive oil; sauté lightly, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove shrimp from pan, also empty oil, but do not wipe out pan.
- Add garlic and shallots to pan; sauté on medium heat until light golden.
- Pour in Caravella Limoncello and consumme and stir. Stir in tomato paste. Raise heat and bring ingredients to a boil.
- Add shrimp and butter (latter cut into pieces). Let sauce reduce and thicken until it is the consistency of heavy cream, but do not overcook shrimp; may need to remove shrimp before sauce is finished cooking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with fettuccine or risotto and sautéed spinach.