Recipe by eatrealfood
This is a good variant on the popular chicken korma, if you are a seafood lover. Since this is a rather filling dish, it would go well served with a plain rice or chapati, instead of richer naans or pilaf.
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 44.37 ml plain yogurt
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml garam masala
- 14.79-29.58 ml tomato puree
- 59.16 ml coconut milk (can substitute light cream)
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 177.44 ml water
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4.92 ml ginger, grated
- 1 cinnamon stick, halved
- 4 cardamom pods
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil or 14.79 ml ghee
Directions See How It's Made
- (Drain shrimp thoroughly if they have been previously frozen.).
- Mix yoghurt, paprika, garam masala, tomato puree, coconut milk, chilli powder and water in a large bowl.
- Add salt to taste, and set aside.
- Heat oil and add garlic, ginger, cinnamon and cardamoms, saute on low heat.
- Pour in the spice mixture and bring to a boil while stirring intermittently.
- Add the shrimp and cook till pink and firm, stirring constantly and until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.