Recipe by Anna's Mom
This appeared in a local newspaper. I believe it is from a local cafe. I have not personally tried it and am placing it here for safe-keeping.
Top Review by karynp
These were really good! A little bit messy to make but worth it. I used less oil, just enough to coat, & I did have smaller shrimp then "jumbo". A mixture of crumbs & panko (1/2 & 1/2) & a bit of parm. cheese, (I added some spices I like too, dill for example) - Breading was the messy part, it was easy to rub off the coating- but I ended up skewering first (don't crowd them so its easier to coat) and then sprinkling the breading on them over a bowl. Also it wasn't bbq weather so I broiled til done. I used less butter as well just a litttle drizzle. Delicious!
- 24 jumbo shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, coarse ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tails if desired. Rinse well and set aside in shallow boil with olive oil.
- Combine breadcrumbs and salt, pepper, garlic, onion and parsley in large bowl.
- Add shrimp to seasoned breadcrumbs and toss until well coated. Place six shrimp per skewer.
- Place on a grill and cook until opaque.
- While shrimp are cooking, melt butter with lemon juice. When shrimp are finished, remove from skewer and top with lemon butter. May be served with rice, noodles or sauteed veggies.