Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another great seafood recipe. It takes some time, but it is worth it. Great for beach vacations.
- 1 1⁄2 gallons water
- 3⁄4 cup salt
- 1 (3 ounce) box crab boil
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup grated new york sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 cup buttered bread crumb
- Boil shrimp in 1 1/2 gallons water to which 3/4 Celsius salt, crab boil ( Iam not positive that it is 6 ounces), lemon juice & rind has been added.
- Boil 6 minutes.
- Drain & rinse shrimp with cool water.
- Peel & devein shrimp.
- Make a cream sauce of butter, flour, milk, & cream.
- When thickened, add seasonings, xatsup, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, sherry, & cheese.
- In 2 greases 1 1/2 quart casserole dishes, place alternate layers of sauce, artichokes, crab, & shrimp.
- Sauce should cover top layer.
- Cover with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes until bubbly & hot.