Recipe by Teddy's Mommy
Start with cooked Jasmine rice … add seafood seasoning, green onion and cilantro, this recipe serves six; or, make appetizers for your next party. Top with a delicious Mango-Ginger Coconut Sauce. http://www.mahatmarice.com/en-us/recipes/2864/ShrimpandJasmineRiceCakeswithMango-GingerCoconutSauce.aspx
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup mango jam (or may substitute apricot or peach jam)
- 1 (14 ounce) canlite coconut milk, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups mahatmaa jasmine rice, cooked
- 2 cups shrimp, cooked
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons shortening or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- To Prepare Sauce:.
- In medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, green onions, cilantro, and ginger. Sauté for about 4 minutes or until mixture is fragrant. Add salt and jam and continue to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1 cup coconut milk and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- To Prepare Cakes:.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked rice, shrimp, flour, baking powder, salt, seafood seasoning, green onion, and cilantro. Mix well. Add the melted butter, remaining coconut milk, and beaten eggs. Stir gently to blend.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium heat. Drop a heaping tablespoon of shrimp mixture into skillet, flattening slightly so that each cake is about 3 inches in diameter. Cook cakes in batches, about 5 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Add remaining oil as needed.
- Serve warm with drizzled sauce.
- Helpful Hint: Prepare extra Thai Jasmine Rice and serve on the side.