Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Courtesy of Everyday With Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Shrimp and Chorizo Saute recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 chorizo sausages, casing removed and sliced on an angle 1/4-inch thick
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 4 slices Italian bread, toasted
- In a large skillet, heat 2 T oil over medium heat.
- Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Add the remaining 2 T oil, the garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet and cook, shaking the pan a bit, until the garlic is lightly golden.
- Increase the heat to high, add the shrimp and stir to coat.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring, until the pan is nearly dry, 2-3 minutes. (You do want some pan juice for the finished dish.).
- Return the chorizo to the pan, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Cook until the chorizo is hot and the shrimp is opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Place the toasts on 4 plates. Spoon the shrimp, chorizo and pan juices on top.
This was a great recipe. I made my own lean turkey chorizo, and skipped the bread, so it turned out to be a low-cal, flavorful main dish. I especially loved how spicy it was, and how quick it was to prepare. [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
Don't know when the last time was that I used chorizo sausage for anything, but will be including it in additional recipes from now on ~ We really enjoyed the taste of it here, especially in combination with the shrimp! Great tasting as made here, but I'd still like to try it over thick-&-hearty whole wheat toast! A keeper for sure! [Made & reviewed in the PRMR Holiday Special as a recipe reward]