1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Chorizo Saute
Courtesy of Everyday With Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 chorizo sausages, casing removed and sliced on an angle 1/4-inch thick
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 4 slices Italian bread, toasted
- 1In a large skillet, heat 2 T oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- 3Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- 4Add the remaining 2 T oil, the garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet and cook, shaking the pan a bit, until the garlic is lightly golden.
- 5Increase the heat to high, add the shrimp and stir to coat.
- 6Add the wine and cook, stirring, until the pan is nearly dry, 2-3 minutes. (You do want some pan juice for the finished dish.).
- 7Return the chorizo to the pan, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the parsley.
- 8Cook until the chorizo is hot and the shrimp is opaque, about 2 minutes.
- 9Place the toasts on 4 plates. Spoon the shrimp, chorizo and pan juices on top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Chorizo Saute
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.9
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 169.4 mg
- Sodium 1131.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 24.6 g