Recipe by rickoholic83
Courtesy of Everyday With Rachael Ray.
Top Review by rpgaymer
This was a great recipe. I made my own lean turkey chorizo, and skipped the bread, so it turned out to be a low-cal, flavorful main dish. I especially loved how spicy it was, and how quick it was to prepare. [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 chorizo sausages, casing removed and sliced on an angle 1/4-inch thick
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 4 slices Italian bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat 2 T oil over medium heat.
- Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Add the remaining 2 T oil, the garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet and cook, shaking the pan a bit, until the garlic is lightly golden.
- Increase the heat to high, add the shrimp and stir to coat.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring, until the pan is nearly dry, 2-3 minutes. (You do want some pan juice for the finished dish.).
- Return the chorizo to the pan, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Cook until the chorizo is hot and the shrimp is opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Place the toasts on 4 plates. Spoon the shrimp, chorizo and pan juices on top.