Top Review by Virginia Chandler
Very Tasty and very easy. I made this several hours in advance and let it chill in the refrigerator to blend the flavors. Next time I will reduce the amount of mayonaise to 1/2 or 3/4 cup. One cup made it a little soupy.
- 1 lb green asparagus or 1 lb purple asparagus, trimmed & cut in 1/2-inch pieces, cooked, peeled & cleaned
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- endive or green leaf lettuce
- 2 eggs, diced, hard-cooked
- 4 lemon wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green asparagus in boiling salted water until barely tender, about 1 minute.
- If purple asparagus is tender, don't cook at all.
- In mixing bowl, combine asparagus, shrimp and bell pepper.
- In another bowl, mix mayonnaise, parsley, pepper, celery seed, salt, horseradish and lemon juice; stir into shrimp mixture.
- Spoon onto endive or lettuce; sprinkle with eggs and garnish with lemon wedges.