Some make this dish very, very hot. This version is spicy yes, but it is not so very hot.
Make and share this Shrimp Acadian recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 5 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 lbs large shrimp, tails intact
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over low heat; stir in all the ingredients except the shrimp and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and stir in the shrimp and cook until opaque, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with French bread.