Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Some make this dish very, very hot. This version is spicy yes, but it is not so very hot.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 5 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 lbs large shrimp, tails intact
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over low heat; stir in all the ingredients except the shrimp and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and stir in the shrimp and cook until opaque, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with French bread.
5 stars for sure!! This shrimp was awesome and I could have just kept eating and eating them. I did not measure the pepper, but I don't think I used the full amount, but I do believe the amount would work, even though it's pretty high :) Will be making again!
Yes, spicy but not hot! Delicious! I made two servings and enjoyed every shrimp myself, with freshly made bread! Because I started out with less of all the sauce ingredients, I only simmered them about 8 minutes, then added my shrimp and cooked for 3-4 minutes. I saw on Cook's Country or America's Test Kitchen that simmering cracked black pepper takes out much of the heat. Tagged for Spring Photo Tag 2014, due 05/07.