Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Dum di do! Shades of Cookie Bear and the Hudson Shrewsbury biscuits and the Cookie Bear Club that every kid of a certain age belonged to... Make your own homemade Shrewsburys.."so hurry, scurry, get your Shrewsbury now!"
- Cream the butter and sugar, add the egg and rind and then beat well.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder.
- Knead, roll out and cut into rounds.
- Make a small hole[just under 1 cm diameter] in the centre of every second biscuit.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 deg F.
- When cold, put the biscuits together with raspberry jam.
I loved eating these cookies and bought them all the time..now I save money by making my own and it tastes so good I store them in the cookie jar that's air tight and they stay fresh for ages.
I wasn't overly fussed with these biscuits. I may have over worked the biscuit dough and made it tough and next time I will leave out the lemon rind as I found this over powering and all I could taste was the lemon. I will give them another go it was my first time for making these. Will let you know next time.