1/1 Photo of Shredded Wheat Cookies
1 hr 30 mins
This is how I get rid of our extra plain, boring shredded wheat that no one really wants to eat. They are crunchy, but still soft. To my taste buds, they fashion a taste somewhere in between peanut butter cookies and oatmeal cookies, but with a crunchy aspect to them, paired with a hint of chocolatey goodness. The baking time is for a couple batches, but it will vary depending on how big your oven and/or baking sheets are.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups shredded wheat cereal (You can use plain or frosted or any fancy flavor you choose to take advantage of. The taste will obv)
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and lightly grease a large baking sheet or two.
- 2Combine the shredded wheat and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips in the food processor. Blend until it is finely ground.
- 3Cream together the butter and the two sugars in a very large bowl.
- 4Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- 5Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 6Stir in the shredded wheat mixture.
- 7Add the remaining chocolate chips. Feel free to experiment with adding other things like white chocolate or dark chocolate chips, nuts, M&M's, toffee pieces, anything you like.
- 8Drop by flat tablespoons onto the lightly greased baking sheets and pop them into the oven.
- 9Check them after 8 minutes or so. Depending on the pan you use, they could be done or it could take as much as 12-15 minutes.
- 10Pull them out when the edges are slightly browned and the middle looks soft and squishy, but isn't doughy.
- 11Make sure you cool them completely before packing in an airtight container. When they are suitable to pack, they can stay at room temperature for awhile.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shredded Wheat Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.2
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 91.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shredded wheat cereal