Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Taquitos are my very favorite Mexican food. This is a good recipe because it's so adaptable! The cook time varies, for some reason, so when they look done, take them out of the frying pan.
- Shred roast pork (or roast beef or chicken) with fork.
- Add remaining ingredients (except tortillas) and mix together.
- Dip tortillas in warmed oil to soften, then spread a large tablespoon of pork mixture in tortilla and roll up.
- Secure with wooden pick and fry in oil.
- Can be frozen.
- To eat, dip in sour cream and avocado dip.
SO GOOD! I used some green chile shredded pork (recipe found here on Zaar) I had cooked in the crockpot about a week ago, I had vaccum packaged the leftovers and frozen them. I fried the taquitos I served to boyfriend and the kids, but I baked mine. I did have to steal a bite of the fried ones, and I actually liked the baked ones better! The lemon pepper is really good in this. Great recipe.
these were so awesome!!! i used some leftover smoked, pulled pork which gave a phenomenal flavor! the only change i made was to add in a bit of salsa to moisten my meat. i made these up ahead of time and stored in freezer. just had to throw them in the fryer and then remove the toothpicks before inhaling! thanks for the keeper. i love make ahead dishes and recipes i can use with leftover smoked meat.
Great recipe! I love taquitos. I used leftover pork roast.