Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I bought some beautiful chicken breasts at the market the other day and wanted smething different, yet tastey. I also had a taste for tang but not too spicy, easy to make, and able to have enough left for leftovers for lunches or freezing. This is what we made.
- 5 chicken breasts (sliced if more than 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar chunky salsa (heat style to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (or cheese of choice)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- if chicken is more than 1/2 in thick slice horizontally 1/2 inches or less or pound out to thickne.
- place in a 9 x 13 pan.
- pour tomatoes and chilis, and salsa, minced garlic over top.
- cook in oven covered with foil for 30 min at 350°F.
- put cheese over top last 5 min for melting.
- check for doneness, then check at 5 min intervels til no longer pink inside.
- cut to fit rolls, serve with salad and veggies.
- served with Recipe #383271 and Recipe #202036 for rolls.
Very good and easy. Served with a side of Spanish rice for a low-effort but flavorful dinner. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT.
Followed your recipe pretty much, but did slice the breasts crosswise so that no pieces were longer than about 3" or so! Then I used the baked salsa chicken as filling for homemade sourdough buns, & had an OUTSTANDING meal! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]