Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
I bought some beautiful chicken breasts at the market the other day and wanted smething different, yet tastey. I also had a taste for tang but not too spicy, easy to make, and able to have enough left for leftovers for lunches or freezing. This is what we made.
- 5 chicken breasts (sliced if more than 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar chunky salsa (heat style to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (or cheese of choice)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- if chicken is more than 1/2 in thick slice horizontally 1/2 inches or less or pound out to thickne.
- place in a 9 x 13 pan.
- pour tomatoes and chilis, and salsa, minced garlic over top.
- cook in oven covered with foil for 30 min at 350°F.
- put cheese over top last 5 min for melting.
- check for doneness, then check at 5 min intervels til no longer pink inside.
- cut to fit rolls, serve with salad and veggies.
- served with Recipe #383271 and Recipe #202036 for rolls.