Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is out of an old Suzanne Somers cookbook...I make this all the time...
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juice of
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Cut the sprouts in half and lay flat on a chopping block.
- Cut each half into julienne strips.
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. (I use a wok).
- Melt butter, then add the sprouts and saute' until tender about 6 to 10 minutes.
- Season with lime juice, salt and pepper.
I love brussels sprouts, and this is really such a great way to eat them. I can totally imagine brussels sprouts haters enjoying this, as the lime juice and stir-frying really mellows out their flavor. Just an all-around great side dish for any occasion. [Made & Reviewed for Rookie Recipes]
I tagged these due to DH likes brussels sprouts!!! My Mother never made them and I have never tried them, but was willing to try them, but still had a back up salad set for me if needed, lol!! I was totally surprised that I liked them and it was so easy to make for the most part(other then shredding the sprouts and juicing the limes.) I still don't think they smell that great while they are cooking, same with cabbage, but taste is very good. I would definitely make these again and could see adding onion and using lemon in place of the lime if that is what I had on hand, so good!! Thanks for sharing a recipe that has now added a new veggie to our dinners!! Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
Cooked these over high heat (with less oil) to get them brown and caramelized, which makes them so good. We liked the lime with them, but I think lemon would be even better. The method is the star here.