Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are delicious litte fruit tart cookies that are great for kids and adults alike. For kids, you can even try filling them with pudding if they don't like fruit filling. They look great arranged on a platter with assorted fillings.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and press into the bottom and up the sides of greased mini muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Cool for 15 to 20 minutes and then carefully remove from pans.
- Spoon pie filling or preserves into each tart (I use a baby spoon to do this--it's much easier than a regular teaspoon).
These were fantastic! I made these last night with strawberry jam. My family was craving something sweet,and they loved these! Almost gone! I really love recipes that have few ingredients,this was perfect. This is really a cute,sweet recipe,and I will be making these again!Thanks for sharing it Karen! 8)
SO YUMMY and CUTE!!!!! I finshed cooking them, and gobbling some down. I filled mine with strawberry perserves, because i love strawberry! Thanks for the recipe Karen!!
Oh my gosh! These things are so cute! My shortbread cups puffed up quite a bit, so as soon as I took them out the oven I used the back of a spoon to make the well in the center bigger. I have a major sweet tooth and knew I wouldn't just like the plain fruit filling so I half-filled the cups with Cream Filling for Cupcakes and then filled the remainder with strawberry preserves. I topped it with another dollop of cream and chocolate jimmies for presentation. Extremely delicious! Made for the Tea Party Photo Forum 2010.