These are delicious litte fruit tart cookies that are great for kids and adults alike. For kids, you can even try filling them with pudding if they don't like fruit filling. They look great arranged on a platter with assorted fillings.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and press into the bottom and up the sides of greased mini muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Cool for 15 to 20 minutes and then carefully remove from pans.
- Spoon pie filling or preserves into each tart (I use a baby spoon to do this--it's much easier than a regular teaspoon).