Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The best basic biscuit recipe! Use this to make many different flavours eg: Chocolate biscuits - Subsitute 2 tbsp cocoa for 2 tbsp flour. Lemon/Orange biscuits - Add the zest of a lemon/orange. ...or just be creative! The mixture also freezes well, just thaw before cutting and baking.
- Knead all ingredients together – form into a long roll.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for 15 minutes.
- Cut into thin slices and arrange on greased baking sheet.
- If desired place a nut or glace cherry in centre of biscuit before cooking.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at 180 ºC.
- Allow to cool before lifting onto a cooling rack.