Recipe by wicked cook 46
This is a family fave and a bit different then the other ones posted. Cooking time includes browning the ground beef and is approximate. As stated in a review I forgot to add salt and pepper in the ingredient list.So add to taste. Use whatever kind of potatoes you have on hand. I have used red, Yukon Gold etc.
Top Review by loof
Pure comfort food! This casserole is easy to make, tasty and filling. I left out the onions (replaced with celery), otherwise made as specified. My tomato soup made kind of a crust on top which looked unusual but tasted great. Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown ground beef and onions. Drain and rinse any excess fat.
- Add salt and pepper to each layer if you wish.
- Place sliced potatoes in the bottom of a deep 9x9 casserole. Pour the beef and onion mixture over the potatoes. Spoon beans over meat and then pour the tomato soup over all.
- Bake uncovered for approx 1 hour or until done.