Baked Bean Casserole
Recipe is from Trisha Yearwood/Food Network. I love baked beans, but have never used ground beef. This recipe sounds really good.
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cut into pieces (cooked)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef, onions and bell peppers. Add the pork and beans, barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar to the mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle the bacon over the top of the casserole. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 8 more