Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love the taste that the Shiitake mushrooms give the sauce. My son gives it a ten thumbs up.
- 2 ounces shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 2 ounces white mushrooms, diced
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package.
- In a deep skillet, heat the oil, add the garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Next add the onions and continue sauteing until the onion is tender and transparent.
- Add the hamburger and brown,crumbling it as you do.
- Drain in a colander.
- If you are watching your fat intake, rinse the hamburger mixture under hot water.
- Return the hamburger to the skillet and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- Serve the sauce over the noodles.