Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy little cookie to make. My daughter-in-law sent me this recipe. Dough needs to chill for 1 hour.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar (plus some for topping)
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Cut in butter.
- Add brown and white sugar plus sherry (I plan to try some other flavorings).
- Mix all together and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Roll out dough 1/4 inches thick and cut into 2 1/2 inch fingers.
- Prick with fork and brush with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with white sugar.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet (I use parchment instead).
- 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
These truly are an easy and unique cookie to make. I am thinking about including them in my gift baskets next holiday season.