Recipe by Mrs.Jack
This recipe is so simple and it is one of my family's favorites! The chicken makes a great main course but it also is a wonderful addition to a green salad and makes a delightful chicken salad. Feel free to add broccoli, carrots, onions, potatoes, or celery for a change. Great for the crock pot, too. Thank you Aunt Jackie! Hope you enjoy as much as I do!!!
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens, cut into 8 pieces or 1 (3 lb) your favorite boneless chicken pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) can orange soda (do not use diet)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray 9x13 baking dish with Pam.
- Place chicken pieces in dish.
- Mix together the orange soda and soy sauce and pour over chicken.
- Add pineapple on top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165F-170°F and juices run clear. (Start checking at 35 minutes to insure you do not overcook. Times will depend on bone-in or boneless, too.).
- Season to taste-I usually add some garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper-and serve over rice.