Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the version of shepher's pie that I grew up with my mom making. It's super easy and all you need is a stove top and a microwave. Very fast for the nights when you don't have a lot of time to fix a full meal. The ingerdients listed are more to taste and serving size it's more of a "however-much-you-feel" meal than an exact sicence.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Polish kielbasa
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 6 -7 cups mashed potatoes
- 3 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Slice up the Polish Kielbasa into about 1/2 - 1" picecs. Spread over bottom of microwave safe casserole dish. Cover and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Drain the juice from cooking. Layer all the ingredients in the following order: polish kielbasa, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, cheese.
- Leave uncovered and microwave for 15 minutes Let cool for 5 mins and enjoy.