Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a robust and delicious hot beef and cheese dip made with cream cheese, dried beef, and green onions all mixed together and stuffed into a round sourdough loaf or Shepard's loaf for a beautiful presentation. Serve with toasted bread round or crackers.
- 1 round sourdough loaf
- 453.59 g cream cheese (soften)
- 70.87 g jar dried beef
- 1 bunch green onion
- 14.78 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml minced fresh garlic clove
- Clean green onions thoroughly and trim ends.
- Put in food processors and finely chop.(about 3-4 pulses until minced--don't liquify them!).
- Slice dried beef in large strips and add to food processor and mince.
- Add cream cheese, worcestershire, and garlic to food processor.
- Blend thoroughly in food processor until smooth.
- Take Shepard's loaf and cut a circle on the top large enough to make a lid that covers aprox. 2/3 of the top and remove(don't discard).
- Hollow out bread to make a bowl for the dip, careful not to hollow out to much and punch a hole through the bread round--(save the soft bread bits for dipping later!).
- Fill bread with beef and cheese mixture and place bread lid on top to seal.
- Wrap in foil and bake at 350 for 45-60min.
- Cheese dip should be hot and smooth.
- Serve on a tray with lid removed to the side tilted on round with butter crackers, soft bread bits and bread rounds.