This is a robust and delicious hot beef and cheese dip made with cream cheese, dried beef, and green onions all mixed together and stuffed into a round sourdough loaf or Shepard's loaf for a beautiful presentation. Serve with toasted bread round or crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean green onions thoroughly and trim ends.
- 2Put in food processors and finely chop.(about 3-4 pulses until minced--don't liquify them!).
- 3Slice dried beef in large strips and add to food processor and mince.
- 4Add cream cheese, worcestershire, and garlic to food processor.
- 5Blend thoroughly in food processor until smooth.
- 6Take Shepard's loaf and cut a circle on the top large enough to make a lid that covers aprox. 2/3 of the top and remove(don't discard).
- 7Hollow out bread to make a bowl for the dip, careful not to hollow out to much and punch a hole through the bread round--(save the soft bread bits for dipping later!).
- 8Fill bread with beef and cheese mixture and place bread lid on top to seal.
- 9Wrap in foil and bake at 350 for 45-60min.
- 10Cheese dip should be hot and smooth.
- 11Serve on a tray with lid removed to the side tilted on round with butter crackers, soft bread bits and bread rounds.
Browse Our Top Savory Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shepherd's Dip
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.2
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 438.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
round sourdough loaf