Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 25 mins
I usually double this recipe, then individually wrap and freeze the extras for when the boys are working odd hours. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; rub with oil. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, peppers and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Add the mixed vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, steak seasoning, salt, pepper, cayenne and 1 teaspoon paprika. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Add the whipping cream, sour cream, cheeses and chives. Mash potatoes until combined. Spoon 1 cup meat mixture into each potato shell; top with 1/2 cup potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining paprika.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until melted. Sprinkle with chives.