Recipe by Bev
Virginia is apple country! When the apples are in season this fall, you must try this sensational recipe! Hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by ~jb4~
This is DELICIOUS!!! I love all things apple and this was great. I served it with whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream. It was a hit. I used chopped pecans as the nuts and what a great flavor. Definitely a great recipe. Thank you for sharing it with us Bev!!!!:)))))
- 3 teaspoons sugar, for coating the tube or bundt pan
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups chopped tart apples (Rome, York or McIntosh)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease pan and shake sugar in it until the sides and bottom are well coated.
- Combine oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Add the apples and nuts.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- **Note: You may notice that this batter will be quite thick.