Recipe by ~Bekah~
An adopted recipe from my dear friend Shelly: "From Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything." The beans tend to "pop" during cooking and a few may land on the bottom of your oven." Feel free to change the seasonings, and I have extended the cooking time due to reviews that they weren't Crispy enough.
Top Review by Manda
These are AWESOME tasting little buggers!! I roasted these in my toaster oven, which is a bit unpredictable in temp., so I think I could have left them in a little longer as they were still a bit soft. But, the taste is WONDERFUL!!!! I love the fact that this is a sinful tasting snack, but yet it is so good for you! Definitely a keeper! Thanks Clintsgirl!! ~Manda
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas or 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain can of chickpeas/garbanzos. Rinse and drain very well again.
- Toss drained chickpeas/garbanzos, garlic, oil and seasonings together in bowl.
- Spread mixture onto large shallow pan so that the chickpeas/garbanzos are in a single layer.
- Put into 400 degree oven for 30-45 minutes shaking occasionally. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.