Recipe by Stacky5
This is my sister's recipe that was my Mom's favorite as well as my Nana's favorite...Very tasty and really easy to make!
Top Review by Tamster888
This looked really good on the recipe, but when I made it it was very very liquidy. Now, this could have been the quality of beef, as it was the very first time I had ever used ground beef from Wal-mart, because they only just started selling beef at Walmart here in Canada. So I tried it using the Wal-mart beef. That was probably the downfall. But it was very very watery and I followed the recipe to the letter. So, if anyone else followed the recipe and bought beef from somewhere else and it turned out good, let me know...I'd be glad to try it again....
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) tomato sauce (split in 1/2)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 20 soda crackers, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together except for 1/2 can tomato sauce. Form into loaf and place in glass loaf pan.
- Cook in a 350 degree preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Mix remaining 1/2 of tomato sauce with the brown sugar.
- Take loaf out of oven and spread the tomato sauce/brown sugar mixture over the top.
- Cook for additional 15 minutes.