1/1 Photo of Shells With Crispy Pancetta and Spinach - Giada De Laurentiis
LOVE Giada De Laurentiis . . . this is one of her great recipes. LOTS of spinach- can cut in half if you are not a huge fan- but yummy none the less!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb thick cut pancetta, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 lbs frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Boil large pot of salted water over high heat.
- 4Add pasta and cook until tender but firm to bite, 8-10 minutes.
- 5Drain pasta.
- 6Warm olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 7Add pancetta, cook until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- 8Remove pancetta with slotted spoon to large bowl, let cool.
- 9Add spinach, ricotta and asiago cheeses, pepper and nutmeg to bowl.
- 10Stir to combine.
- 11Stuff shells with about 2 TBS. of spinach mixture.
- 12Place shells in large buttered baking dish.
- 14Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- 15Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 16Add cream and simmer.
- 17Turn heat to very low and add 2 cups of asiago cheese, parsley, and pepper.
- 18Stir until cheese is melted.
- 19Pour sauce over shells.
- 20Top with remaining 1/4 cup asiago cheese.
- 21Bake until golden on top, about 25 minutes.
- 22Remove and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shells With Crispy Pancetta and Spinach - Giada De Laurentiis
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 836.4
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 128.1 mg
- Sodium 304.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: