LOVE Giada De Laurentiis . . . this is one of her great recipes. LOTS of spinach- can cut in half if you are not a huge fan- but yummy none the less!
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb thick cut pancetta, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 lbs frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups grated asiago cheese, plus 1/4 cup
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil large pot of salted water over high heat.
- Add pasta and cook until tender but firm to bite, 8-10 minutes.
- Drain pasta.
- Warm olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add pancetta, cook until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pancetta with slotted spoon to large bowl, let cool.
- Add spinach, ricotta and asiago cheeses, pepper and nutmeg to bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Stuff shells with about 2 TBS. of spinach mixture.
- Place shells in large buttered baking dish.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cream and simmer.
- Turn heat to very low and add 2 cups of asiago cheese, parsley, and pepper.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour sauce over shells.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup asiago cheese.
- Bake until golden on top, about 25 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.