Recipe by mabers
This recipe comes from a Canadian week-end magazine, but it was a long time ago....at least 20 years! It has been a favourite in our house ever since, especially as the cooler fall weather approaches. I am submitting it almost exactly as it was printed, which is the way I make it, except that I halve the recipe, and use fresh herbs when I have them on hand. I also give the tomatoes a little 'zap' in the food processor before adding them.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Great veggie soup! Healthy, too. It reminds me of a minestrone without beans. I used a 28 oz can of diced tomatoes (it really doesn't indicate what type to use). I will be making this again. Thanx!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup macaroni
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot.
- Add onion, garlic and green pepper, and saute until soft---about 10 minute.
- Add vegetables, stock, undrained tomatoes, then seasonings and macaroni.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and partially cover.
- Simmer until macaroni and veggies are cooked to your preference.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Serve hot in big bowls with cheese for sprinkling.