Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I absolutely love making this ham for family gatherings or just for Sunday dinner. The ham is so tender it literally falls off the bone.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, mustard seed and cloves in a medium bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Score ham in a diamond like pattern.
- Place ham in a roaster with fat side up.
- Liberally brush glaze on ham (reserve about 1/2 cup for later use).
- Place ham in oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove roaster from oven and baste ham again with reserved glaze.
- Return ham to oven and bake an additional 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- Allow ham to rest for about 10-15 minutes after removing from oven before slicing.
Very convenient, delicious and tender. No worries if you cook even a little longer for instance if you are at church and can't be home to take out on the dime. For an ocassional main dish it is a winner and takes the pressure off the cook while looking like a whiz. The glaze is perfect and the house smells fab while cooking. Shazam we"ll have ham!
So Amazing! I made this for Easter supper and it was wonderful! Who'd have thought that such few ingredients could make ham so yummy. This will be our only ham glaze from now on; thank you, These hands can cook.
I made this yesterday for Easter and my family LOVED it!!! I don't ever make ham because I don't care for it, but I really liked it too and will definitely make it again! My Grandma, Aunt, and MIL all wanted the recipe. Thanks!