Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A diabetic recipe I found on the dLife web site. Change the flavor of jello and cookie cutter you use and you have a Valentine, Halloween or a Christmas salad. I can even see this used for a baby shower and use a baby bottle cookie cutter. Use your imagination for the celebration you want to use it for.
- 2 (5/8 ounce) packages sugar-free lime gelatin, divided
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water (for 1st pkg Jell-O)
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water (for 2nd pkg Jell-O)
- 6 ounces low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, minced
- Dissolve one package of Jell-O into 1-3/4 cups boiling water.
- Pour into a shallow pan and chill until firm.
- Cut into shamrocks with a cookie cutter.
- Dissolve the second package of Jell-O into 1-1/4 cups boiling water; chill until partially thickened.
- In a mixer, cream the cheese until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, crushed pineapple with liquid and mayonnaise to the cheese mixture.
- Combine thoroughly.
- Fold cheese mixture into the partially thickened Jell-O.
- Gently fold the chopped pecans and celery into the Jell-O mixture.
- Turn into a 9-inch square pan and chill until firm.
- At serving time, cut salad into 9 squares and arrange on lettuce leaf; top with gelatin shamrocks.
I'm giving the 5-star rating for this recipe because it really is excellent, & because I love jello! Made this for St Patrick's Day & loved every bite of it, & it reminded me of similar salads my mom used to make! However, you (& others who might make it) need to know that, although creaming the cheese is mentioned in the directions, there's no 'cheese' in the ingredients! But, not to worry, 'cause the original recipe calls for 6 ounces of low fat cream cheese at room temperature, & the original also lists 1 tablespoon as the amount of lemon juice to use! [Made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]