Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The name says it all.
- 4 (5 ounce) cans boneless chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package tortilla chips, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup boiling water
- parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, mushroom soup, onion and garlic powder.
- Line a greased 12x8 inch baking pan with 2/3 of chips. Pour chicken mixture over chips. Sprinkle with cheese and cover with remaining chips.
- In a small saucepan, combine bouillon cubes and boiling water; stir until disspolved. Pour over mixture in dish. Sprinkle with parsley flakes and paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Really easy and very good. I used 1/2 cup chopped onion and a finely diced jalapeno pepper (I like a little more fresh veggies and some heat). I added the paprika and 1/2 t. dired cilantro (instead of parsley flakes for a more mexican taste) to sauce/chic mix. Served over shredded iceberg lettuce and dollop of sour cream. Will make it again!
We loved this casserole. It was very easy to make and the sauce is great. I had my doubts about pouring the chicken bouillon/water combo over the top, but it worked fine. The only change I would make is to cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil to make the chips on top a little moister. Will make this again!