Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the fastest and best way I make okras for a week end short of cooking time day!
- 200 g okra
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon amchur powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, less for those who do not want it too spicy or 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder (omit if using the black pepper) (optional)
- Wash and dry the okras.
- Remove the ends and then make a slit (not completely) through lengthwise so that you can stuff the spices into the okra.
- Do not cut the okra through and through.
- Mix all the spices and seasonings and stuff a small amount of the mix in each okra.
- Place the okras in a skillet and sprinkle with oil (I use a non stick).
- Cook stirring gently and occasionally from time to time so that it does not burn.
- YOu can also make this in a microwave on high for 3- 4 minutes.
- I love this with a dal and meat accompaniment or with phulkas.
I can't wait to try your other recipes and have them saved. This one is a winner. My hubby HATES okra and ended up loving this. I might've stuffed in too much spice, but no matter, it was a perfect combo of flavor. I think we may have this weekly. So good, so good.
I also enjoy this style of okra once in a while. If only fried food was good for health;) :)